Saturday, October 11, 2014

Landscape

 Back in August for our anniversary Troy and I did some much needed yard work in the front yard. It's amazing what a little bark chips and planting and paint can do to a little house.

Before

After

Troy painted the house several years ago, but never finished the porch ceiling. And it's just one of those things you get used to and put off. But we finally got it painted along with the rest of the porch, including the floor. And then added the new mailbox and porch light. Painted the old rocker and added a pillow. Voila! An aesthetically pleasing porch, that I go nuts over.

Before

 After

 




I've managed to keep the flowers alive until now. But I am going to be replacing them here in the next couple of weeks with lots of tulip bulbs, including the ones I planted over Parler almost 3 years ago.

All in all it was fun and I think turned out great!

3 comments:

GmaakaMom said...

Good job on keeping the plants alive. Now God is gonna water them for you for a while. The house really does have great street appeal (as they say on HGTV).

The Moores said...

Very cute! Now you need to paint your front door a bright color. Red or yellow I'm thinking.

Oma Hagen said...

Nice work!