Saturday, February 7, 2015

Cherokee Nation....Cherokee Tribe

 About 2 1/2 years ago, September 2012 to be exact, I started the process of getting the girls registered with the Cherokee Nation. In December they mailed me some papers that needed to be notarized saying that they are not adopted, and I sent them back, honestly thinking it would take another 2 years. However, today I got their Certificates of Degree of  Indian Blood, showing that they are 1/256 Cherokee Indian. We're going to dance around a fire tonight, smoke a peace pipe, and decide what our Cherokee names are going to be.

2 comments:

Mike and Debby said...

I had a great+grandmother waaaay back there. Full Cherokee. Her name was Sinoke. HEY!! Maybe we're related!

GmaakaMom said...

I'm gonna have the tune of that song stuck in my head all day now. Thanks.