Friday, June 26, 2015

Just Some Interesting Tid Bits

 In the middle of all this remodel there is this special place that my sweet husband has preserved for me.  We have been measuring the girls heights there since they were  a year old. I am very thankful Troy is so handy, because it's right next to where the new bathroom door is going to be.

 

(It's located on the left side..See the purple in the pic above, it's next to the purple in the pic below)


Here is the pile of wood that was salvaged from the gutting of the rooms. On one fun Saturday I got to pull all of the nails and screws out of all that wood. It ultimately resulted in me feeling the need to get a tetanus shot, because I walked into a nail that was sticking out of the end of one of them. 4 hours and about a million nails later we had a pile of reusable boards. It's the least I can do, since my husband/ contractor has to do all the thinking, planning, and HEAVY lifting.


 I just love the old rafters! It's fun for me to look at them and think about what may have gone on in this old house back in 1908 when it was built.






 Is it snowing in our house you ask? Well no, that is the dust I keep referring to. We weren't even doing any demolition at this moment and there was dust floating around. I was just taking a picture of Violet, not even aware that it was there.



I've got a bunch of daredevils in my family.  


4 comments:

The Moores said...

It'll be a miracle if Violet gets through this remodel without breaking an appendage :).

GmaakaMom said...

Amen to that.

Leann said...

This is so crazy! You will have this all finished before vacation right? so we can see finished pictures? =)

Shawn and Becky said...

Wow that looks great. Love the height walls!! So special. Nail removal is hard work. Way to be a helping hand! Can't wait to see all the change! Oh and I feel ya on the dust . . . OY!!